Update August 18th:
Thank you to all the people and organizations who vote for me in the NSTIC election – I WON! . I ran with my association to Planetwork and I am the Consumer and Citizen Advocate delegate for the next 6 months on the Management Council of the Steering Committee of the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. You can learn more about my candidacy and the election on this post. You can track the group/community progress at IDEcosystem.org.
I will be working hard with the AARP to grow the number of citizen and consumer advocate groups who are participating in the NSTIC process.
I’m Running for
Learn how to vote for me and get involved at Kaliya for Mayor .org
Here is the video!
Here are some links to my posts on NSTIC:
- National! Identity! Cyberspace! Why we shouldn’t freak about NSTIC on my Fast Company blog.
- I wrote a response to the NSTIC Notice of Inquiry about Governance. This covers that covers much of the history of the user-centric community my vision of how to grow consensus. Most important for my NSTIC candidacy are the chapters about citizen’s engagement in the systems co-authored with Tom Atlee the author of the Tao of Democracy and the just published Empowering Public Wisdom.
- The last year of activity around NSTIC here is my post linking to all of it.
- NSTIC Privacy workshop presentation by me in June of 2011
- Participatory Totalitarianism! – My TEDxBrussels Talk about how if we don’t get this NSTIC stuff right we will end up in a really creepy world. It references my struggles with Google+ to use the name I chose for my online self.
Here are some links to posts about Identity:
- Want to know what originally inspired and continues to inspire my work – check out this paper on Planetwork: The Augmented Social Network: Building Identity and Trust into the Next Generation Internet – Published in 2003 (written in 2002).
- My Personal Saga with Google in the [psuedo]NymWars to use the name I choose on their service – annotation of all my posts.
- My speech at the Digital Privacy Forum in January 2011 articulating a vision that goes beyond “Do-Not-Track” vs. Business as Usual, creating a new ecosystem where people collect their own data.
- Core User-Centric Identity Concepts Videos on the NSTIC.US Education Page (be sure to scroll down), including Identity, Authentication (AuthN), Authorization (AuthZ), Verification, Enrollment, etc.
Learn about Oganizations and Events I share leadership in:
- Internet Identity Workshop #15 May 1-3 in Mountain View, CA. Registration is Open! This conference has focused on User-Centric Identity since 2005.
- Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium So far there are 16 startups focused on developing the new business opportunities for people collecting and getting value from their own data. We contributed to the World Economic Forum Rethinking Personal Data Project report Personal Data: The Emergence of a New Asset Class.
- Identity Commons keeps all the organizations and groups working on user-centric identity linked together.
- OASIS ID Trust Steering Committee representing Planetwork and people.
- Planetwork.net is the civil society organization I have been affiliated with and serve as the Network Director for.
- I founded She’s Geeky a women’s only unconfernece for those in Technology and STEAM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)