Welcome to the Identity Woman Blog
I am an advocate for the rights and dignity of our digital selves.
Where I am in the World:
I live on the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay.
Leaders Shaping Markets - March 24-26, Simsbury, CT
Internet Identity Workshop - May 6-8, Mountain View, California.
Fast Company Live Chat: On Taking Back Your Data
Fast Company: World Changing Ideas of 2014: You Will Take your Data Back
Posts on NSTIC:
- National! Identity! Cyberspace! Why we shouldn't freak about NSTIC on my Fast Company blog.
- I wrote a response to the NSTIC Notice of Inquiry about Governance. This covers that covers much of the history of the user-centric community my vision of how to grow consensus. Most important for my NSTIC candidacy are the chapters about citizen's engagement in the systems co-authored with Tom Atlee the author of the Tao of Democracy and the just published Empowering Public Wisdom.
- NSTIC Privacy workshop presentation by me in June of 2011
- Participatory Totalitarianism! - My TEDxBrussels Talk about how if we don't get this NSTIC stuff right we will end up in a really creepy world. It references my struggles with Google+ to use the name I chose for my online self.
Posts about Identity:
- Want to know what originally inspired and continues to inspire my work - check out this paper on Planetwork: The Augmented Social Network: Building Identity and Trust into the Next Generation Internet - Published in 2003 (written in 2002).
- NymWars - My Personal Saga with Google in the [psuedo] NymWars to use the name I choose on their service - annotation of all my posts.
- My speech at the Digital Privacy Forum in January 2011 articulating a vision that goes beyond "Do-Not-Track" vs. Business as Usual, creating a new ecosystem where people collect their own data.
Organizations and Events I share leadership in:
- My main "day-job" is leading the Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium a community of over 40 companies from around the world working on building personal clouds and services. We are currently offering Seminars around the world for companies seeking to understand this emerging ecosystem. We contributed to the World Economic Forum Rethinking Personal Data Project reports.
- I am co-leading a new project - more details coming soon.
- I am on the Management Council of the IDESG - the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group of NSTIC - the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace.
- I co-founded, co-produce and co-facilitate the Internet Identity Workshop #18 May 6-8 in Mountain View, CA. This conference has focused on User-Centric Identity since 2005.
- I am a steward of Identity Commons which keeps all the organizations and groups working on user-centric identity linked together.
- I sit on the OASIS ID Trust Steering Committee representing Planetwork and people.
- I serve on the Board of Patient Privacy Rights.
- I am the volunteer network director at Planetwork.net the civil society organization I have been affiliated with since 2003.
- I founded She's Geeky a women's only unconfernece for those in Technology and STEAM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math)
- I co-founded Digital Death Day and work with that community to continue to host events on the issue. You can see a video of me talking at Privacy Identity and Innovation about this. The next conference is in London on October 6th.
- I own a business Unconference.net that designs and facilitations participant driven events for a range of clients (IIW, She's Geeky and Digital Death Day are all Unconferences).